The Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering is specifically concerned with resources
and the materials that can be derived from these resources. One special focus of the faculty is
material flows - from raw material extraction to recycling - which conserve resources.
These multifaceted activities can be divided into three areas
• Earth Science and Geography
• Mineral Resources and Raw Materials Engineering
• Materials Science and Engineering
The central themes dealt with in earth sciences and geography serve to provide a fundamental
understanding our planet in terms of it being living environment, utilising it economically and
permanently protecting it.
Mining Engineering, Mineral Procesing and Recycling is about raw materials management. The topics
covered include the extraction and processing of primary raw materials and recycling as a means
of obtaining secondary raw materials.
Metallurgy and materials engineering is concerned with the development, production and processing
of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
At the Dean's Office
• You can obtain information about the wide range of courses available.
• We'll be happy to advise and support you - including study advice and support.
• We provide you with information about our faculty's events
(e.g. our comprehensive range of events for school pupils).
• We're always there to help you whenever you need us.
Contact for course-related issues:
Dipl.-Wirtl. Monika Andreas, M. A.
Tel.: +49 (0)241 / 80-9 87 90
Office hours: by appointment
If you need information about a specific course, contact the course advisor directly.
You can find out who the course advisors are on the divisions' homepages.