Deep Drawing PressCopyright: © IBF
The deep-drawing press at the Institute of Metal Forming (IBF) is a hydraulic press of the type RA‑250 from the company Lauffer. The press is used for deep-drawing processes and the characterisation of sheet metals concerning the formabiltiy and the spring back of the material. Tools for deep-drawing test for the determination of the limiting drawing ration, for cross-die tests, Nakajima-tests, Marciniak-tests and for deep-drawing processes of hat profiles.
- Max. press force upper piston: 2500 kN
- Max. press force lower piston: 1250 kN
- Table area: 1000 x 800 mm²
- Max. installation height: 800 mm
- Max. press velocity: 35 mm/s
- Extensive measuring instruments (tool path, force, local strain)